Become an integral part of Purpose-Built Trade Co, the leading industrial outfitter with a rapidly growing following. Known as Home of the Trades, we’re committed to the essential support of America’s tradespeople.
We listen, curate, and develop products and services that drive physical, emotional, and commercial wellbeing.
Our Mission is simple – Make each person and trade #stronger, everyday!
Who are we looking for:
Purpose-Built has big goals for our Store Operations Team.
We’re working hard to find a ‘results oriented’ leader to manage and lead the growth of our current locations and potentially lead a larger portion of company operations in the future!
This is where you come in…
We’re looking for a leader to own the in-store experience. This person has retail leadership experience, a people-first mindset and a passionto tackle new projects as they arise. The General Manager is the driver of store sales, the customer experience, overall operational excellence and our team culture. They have the primary responsibility for the management of the store, including directing the work of all team members, providing a great store culture, and team member engagement.
What does it take to be successful?
- Role models, coaches and develops a best-in-class team through our behaviors
- Leads financial growth of the store, year over year through outstanding operations, inventory management and a people first mindset!
- Leads the sales floor and drives store results through the store team
- Responsible for the long-term development of team members from recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training, development, performance management, terminations, and succession planning
- Drives a primary focus on boots as the premier product differentiator and develops customer loyalty through demonstrating exceptional product knowledge and customer experience
- Leads the scheduling and execution of wall-to-wall inventory cycle counts
- Leads the receiving of all merchandize including the quality control of tagging, error management and defective merchandize returns.
- Sets visual merchandising expectations to ensure store-to-store consistency that impacts the customer experience and maximizes overall business results
- Ensures the operations of the store are executed per operating standards
- Accountable for the development of Assistant General Manager and team members’ product knowledge, customer engagement and professional development
- Creates relationships with key Company Gear (“CG”) accounts and developing leads for new CG Business
- Own all aspects of store operations including scheduling, shift coverage and seasonal staffing projections and casting.
The ideal candidate will:
- Previous experience leading associates and other leaders
- Strong team building & communication skills
- Retail Point-of-Sale Experience
- Proven ability to effectively delegate, follow up and communicate with various layers of the company
- Demonstrates ability to manage complex and competing priorities with time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong product knowledge
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings, weekends, holidays, and non-business hours
- Exhibits an authentic desire to exceed the customers’ expectations (Welcoming)
- Persuasive, builds enthusiasm, and inspires the customer to buy (Engaging)
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals preferred
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Excellent organization & attention to detail
- Understand what it means to be customer-centric in your approach to everything
- Proficient at all Microsoft Office programs – specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel
And everyone you work with should describe you as…
- A good team player
- A strong communicator who can gauge an audience and adapt accordingly
- Having a positive upbeat personality
And you should be motivated by…
- Learning how to do something well by doing it, not be reading a manual or going to formal training. If you need a ton of handholding or you yourself are a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you.
- Working in a lean, results oriented environment, where you’ll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every quarter.
- Having fun in an environment low on politics, high on transparency, and comfortable with jeans, shorts, hoodies, and dogs or kids in the office.
What Benefits do General Manager’s Receive?
At Purpose-Built we hire the best people and are committed to supporting our team members and rewarding them for their work. That’s one of the reasons we offer the following benefits:
- Paid vacation after one year of employment
- Base Wage or Salary (Exempt) + Management-Level Bonuses based on Store Performance
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Annual reviews of performance and wage
Purpose-Built is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about our business and who we are please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!