Become an integral part of Purpose-Built Trade Co, the leading industrial outfitter with a rapidly growing following. Known as Home of the Trades, we’re committed to the essential support of America’s tradespeople.
We listen, curate, and develop products and services that drive physical, emotional, and commercial wellbeing.
Our Mission is simple – Make each person and trade #stronger, everyday!
Our crew members deliver great experiences to our customers and keep them coming back. They model our behaviors and assist with the daily operations of our stores (ask Shops).
What Does it take to be a Successful Crew Member?
- Drives top line store sales and growth by personally helping customers have a great experience
- Moves with intention throughout the store, connecting with multiple customers
- Proactively engages with customers, reads cues and responds effectively
- Understands company promotions and effectively communicates them to customers
- Creates a memorable connection by asking effective questions to identify customer needs and make compelling product recommendations
- Uses confident selling statements and is effective at overcoming customer objections
- Displays expert product knowledge and takes initiative to elevate personal and peer knowledge of product categories
- Participates in sales goal setting with manager and tracks individual performance towards the goal
- Makes it a priority to understand the business and offers suggestions on how the store can be more productive
- Creates an enthusiasm for selling strategies by inspiring, supporting and mentoring others’ selling behaviors
- Assists in training of new associates, serving as a shadow partner
- Delivers a friendly and efficient checkout experience by accurately and efficiently using the Point of Sale (POS)
In addition to above, All Roles at Purpose-Built are responsible for:
- Creating customer awareness of programs available to them, (i.e. customer information capture) to build customer loyalty, when applicable
- Setting personal goals and tracking individual and team performance to the goals
- Preparing for each shift by maintaining awareness of all sales, promotions and applicable Point-of-Sale procedures
- Taking initiative to receive, recover and replenish merchandise, so it is available to sell
- Understanding and adhering to visual merchandising brand standards
- Assisting in housekeeping of sales floor and communicating maintenance issues
- Keeping an awareness of, and building personal capability in, loss prevention
- Reinforcing store strategy to reduce shrink
- Supporting all activities related to providing a safe working environment
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Exhibits an authentic desire to exceed the customers’ expectations (Welcoming)
- Persuasive, builds enthusiasm, and inspires the customer to buy (Engaging)
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals preferred
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Has a healthy, competitive spirit, while maintaining a team focus
- Is resilient and bounces back quickly from setbacks and/or constructive feedback
- Pursues opportunities to take on more responsibility (Curious)
- Seeks out coaching from leaders and peers to improve productivity; Performs self-development
- Flexible Schedule that includes evenings, weekends, holidays, and non-business hours
What Benefits do Crew Members Receive?
At Purpose-Built we hire the best people and are committed to supporting our team members and rewarding them for their work. That’s one of the reasons we offer the following benefits:
- Motivating, team work focused environment
- Career advancement opportunities within a growing company
- Store discounts and PB swag
- Monthly bonuses
- Personal growth through feedback and continued education opportunities
Purpose-Built is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about our business and who we are please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!